Friday 6 January 2012

Left over turkey

Now that I had cooked my beautiful turkeys, what was I supposed to do with all the left overs? And there were a lot of leftovers!

For the left over Christmas turkey I had seen Jamie Oliver make a delicious-looking Asian-inspired turkey salad on one of his Christmas shows. When my partner's sister mentioned someone had recommended this particular salad, we decided we had better try it.

We were reasonably true to the recipe, except where we didn't have ingredients, specifically sesame oil and mint. We also swapped the clementine for a couple of mandarins.

This salad was delicious! You should totally try it. Really easy to make too. Give it a go.

Next up was the leftover turkey from New Year.

I had a bit of a craving for pasta, so decided to see what I could do with my turkey. I also wanted something quick and easy and filling as we had some visitors.

I boiled up some plain penne pasta. While that was on the go, I put the turkey into a dry frypan. I let that heat up and sloshed in some white wine. I probably put about half to three quarters of a cup of wine in. I let that simmer down for a while to let the wine flavour soak into the turkey. I then added some frozen peas, and a slosh of cream, probably about the same amount as the wine. I let this all simmer down and thicken slightly. I mixed this all in with the pasta and some grated cheese and put it in a dish. I scattered the top with a packet of slivered almonds and some breadcrumbs for some crunch.

I baked it in the oven until it was golden and lovely. It was delicious! I served it up with a yummy green salad. Dinner done!



No comments:

Post a Comment